Friday, June 16, 2006

Time


Time is a gift we have to spend. How we invest our time effect all of our relationships and every other asspect of our life. Today I got to spend most of the morning with my youngest son and this afternoon with my oldest child. I really enjoyed being with them. They are now early twenties and no longer my "little babies". My oldest, I don't see very often, so it was fun going to the garages sales. Then we went to the "Parade of Homes".

I look back and remember when they were young. Learning to ride a bike, swimming, baseball, and karate. Teaching Chris to pitch and play T-ball. Looking back I wish I had worked less and spent more time with my kids. That time "has been spent" and it can never be recalled.

God gives us 24 hours each day. We then decide what we will do with it. I want each day to be meaningful. I want to live and love others. I want to look at flowers, laugh, and play. I want to see the beauty in the world and bring joy to others. I want my time to be well spent!

6 comments:

Dreaming again said...

That investment you made will come back!

The investment of prayer you're making now will reap a harvest!

Glad you got to spend time with both boys today! :)

jumpinginpuddles said...

ditto what we do now with our kids is valuable and enormous, and we have sent you an email

Marj aka Thriver said...

Hi, Wanda! HEELLLPP! I really need the exact permalink for your "Changed Forever" blog carnival submission. I've e-mailed you and if you can just e-mail me back with it, that would be a life saver! (Don't bother going to Blog Carnival.com at this point, just e-mail me back.) THANKS!!!

Tracy said...

You are so very right. Each day goes by so fast. I look at my sons and see so few years left with them until they are out on their own. Each day is such a gift, and not one of those days should be wasted. I tend to forget about that because I get so caught up in life in general. Thank you for the reminder.

shade said...

glad you got time with your kids!!! hindsight is 20/20 lol and we never feel like we spend enough time with them, but the time we do spend is cherished by all that that is what is really important!!!

Sonnie-Dee said...

Its interesting that people talk about time spent with kids and how impoartant it is, which I totally agree with but I also think the other part of the equation is quality time. I had friends whose parents were home all day and were around them all day yet they didn't talk or spend any quality time with them, I on the other hand had foster parents who had up to 14 kids to look out for so at times we didn't get a lot of one on one time but when we did it was quality, doing something where we could talk and just be with each other.

I often think the parents who worry about whether they spent enough time with their kids are often the ones who spent quality time and that makes all the difference :)