Sunday, July 10, 2011

How Many Days?

How many days doing  something does it take to make it a habit? I was thinking I heard only 14 days. Or was it 31 days? Anyway I have started my fitness journal. I have started exercising and a  food journal. I am hoping this will give me an honest look at where I am and improve my health. I am already seeing a mood improvement,  I fear it might become an obsession, but at least it is a healthy one.

I am also going to repeat everyday my affirmation that my therapist gave me to say. "I am competent, capable and lovable."  I know I am fighting a battle with myself, but I must improve myself talk to improve my health. Right now I need extra support of my friends and family and therapist to do this, but I am worth the effort, I have hit a place in my life where I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. I  believe with  God's help and the help of my friends, family and therapist I can become less depressed.

I realize I have an illness, but I can not let it control my entire life. I think I may have hit my rock  bottom and the only way is up. I am not saying that this will be easy, but I chose to take  an active part on my healing. Does this mean I will never slip? I don't think so!  My abuse and illness can not control my life.

From today on I will

  1. Take my medicine as prescribed
  2.  I will exercise 5 days a week
  3. I will record and follow my meal plan
  4. I will say my affirmation daily
  5. I will keep my therapy appointments
  6. I will say something I am thankful for daily
Today I am thankful for my daughter, my friends, my family,blogging, and that Jesus loves me. 

6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I've heard it takes 28 times to break a habit.

middle child said...

You are awesome. God doesn't make junk. I would suggest you actually write down the things you are grateful for so that when you are down,.you can read through it. Peace.

Bobbie said...

Loving your outlook!!!! Will be praying for you... !

Just me said...

I heard up to 66 times, but there are a lot of lower figures too. Either way - you can do this! What a great list of goals. Go for it!

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Wanda! It sounds like you are taking control of your life.

But I do want to say that being obsessed with food and exercise is not a healthy obsession at all-- in fact it is quite dangerous. You don't want to trade in one disorder for another. And trust me, the food/exercise one sucks.

Wishing you well,
NOS

Nikki (Sarah) said...

yeah Wanda!!!! Keep fighting one day at a time and before you know it...whomp..the habits will be formed.