Tuesday, December 14, 2010

See Doctor Thursday

I see my doctor Thursday and will find out how he thinks my knee is coming along. I was thinking I was to be able to drive in 2 weeks, but it is actually 3 weeks before I can drive. I will be so glad because I'm going crazy being so confined. I was able to step into the bathtub for a shower today. Boy did that feel good. I couldn't stand long, but it was nice to feel that hot water saturating my entire body at one time!

My friend is picking me up next Wednesday for Christmas, so I will spend Christmas with her family and not be alone on Christmas day. I just don't think I could have handled being alone on Christmas day. Wow it's hard to believe it is only 11 days away.  I remember my kids counting down the days. It was always so much fun to see the joy and excitement  in their eyes. There is just something about children and Christmas!

It's really cold outside here, but tomorrow is suppose to be warmer. I hoping we don't get any snow or anything like that next Wednesday, because my friend doesn't drive in snow.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

I will enjoy our weather for you dear one. I think it is supposed to be in the 80's today.

Wanna do something zany and eternal this Christmas? Then, you are nvited you to a water buffalo party! No formal attire required, just stop by and splash along with us.

http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/2010/12/all-i-want-for.html

Be blessed bunches,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

I hope your doctor has good news about your knee when you see him on Thursday. I know it must be so difficult having to stay in your house.

I'm really glad you have a friend with whom to celebrate Christmas. It sounds like you have some really good people in your life.

Wishing you well,
NOS

Andrea said...

I am thankful GOD met your need and has given you a safe place to worship. My heart sings as I know how you longed for such a place. HE loves you deeply and wants you to feel loved.
Hugs,
andrea

Tracy said...

Ahhh, it's the little things, isn't it? the shower! I hope you get a good report from the Dr. and in the meantime, take good care of yourself and good for you for making plans for Christmas Day!

Alexandra MacVean said...

Wanda, I am SO glad that you are going to be with your friend for the holidays!! Yeah! :)

And I will keep you in my prayers for your upcoming doctor's visit.

Love you much! Hugs

Just Be Real said...

Wanda I am glad you have some place to go during the holidays and will feel comfortable. Blessings and hugs.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you won't be alone. That is a beautiful tree in the picture. My mother wanted to do Christmas early, so she gave us our presents yesterday. I don't think she wants to do it on the holiday proper because it will make her think too much of my father.

Anonymous said...

Good to learn that you will not be alone over Christmas.