Saturday, May 12, 2012

What Mother's Day Means To Me



What Mother's Day means to me. 
I think Mother's Day should be called Children's Day.
God's greatest gift to me were my children.
To look into their eyes, to hold their little hands.
Watching them grow, play games, develop their own personalities.
Seeing their first love, grow into adults and return my love.
I know Mother's Day is a time to honor our Mothers.
Having come from a very abusive home this has been hard.
I don't have that warm fuzzy feeling.
I have forgiven my Mom and understand she did the best she could.
Still Mother's Day is all about my children.
Hearing them say  "Thanks for always being there for me."
Children are indeed a gift from God and should be treated as such.

I hope I have not offended anyone, but this is just what Mother's Day has come to mean to me.

5 comments:

RCUBEs said...

It's understandable what you said then again, some of us, would truly never understand if not in your shoes. Children...yes! What a big blessing from our good Lord. I pray that the love from your children will fill your heart and comfort you. God bless and Happy Mother's Day sister!

Chatty Crone said...

Happy Mother's Day! sandie

middle child said...

How could you possibly think you've offended anyone? You are awesome. Happy Mother's Day!!!!

Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

Happy mother's day. My son is a good son but very unsentimental. Maybe one day he will give me a mother's day card or flowers, even though he thinks its sappy.

Denise said...

Have a Happy Mother's Day.