Thursday, February 24, 2011

Raining


It's been raining cat and dogs here. Speaking of cats I bought a different litter because it was all the store had at the time and my lovely little cat decided that she wasn't going to use the litter box. Needless to say I had to go out in the rain to buy "her litter".  Hopefully she will go back to her litter box now and not my garden bath tub. Ugh!
My name should be Trouble.

The change in the weather cause my muscles and joints to hurt. I think I'm going to have to take another pain pill. Autoimmune diseases can be very painful and exhausting."Your body's immune system protects you from disease and infection. But if you have an autoimmune disease, your immune system attacks healthy cells in your body by mistake." "Those with autoimmune disorders can have a wide variety of symptoms such as low-grade fever, joint pain, fatigue, and/or unexplained rashes that may change over time." I have three good friends beside myself that suffer from this disease. I feel I am the least debilitating of the 4 of us.

I mailed my best friend "Y" her Birthday card while I was out and picked up her a restaurant gift card.  I also picked up a few groceries for the house, so  maybe it wasn't just a trip out for my cat.  I did want to stay in the house today, but plans do change.

5 comments:

Bluebird49 said...

Thanks for yyour sweet comment about my pictures...it's very easy to "change " them into other looks.

Our cat is very finicky about her food, but she's used the litter so far--although she misses the box sometimes. (Ahem--not a happy thing for us!)

I love cats, butI think it was a bad time for me to get one, and I think our personalities don't meld, unfortunately. She hates being rubbed, she tries to bite or scratch if you try to show her affection.:(

Do you have Fibromy algia, too? I do--so I know about muscle pain and all that. Sorry you're feeling bad.

I think I stay in too much.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you're taking care of your family and your friends-- that's great! Sometimes illness can make us so wrapped up in ourselves that it's hard to consider anything but ourselves. But you are such a caring person and it really shows. I know your cat and Y really appreciate you.

I hope you feel better soon.

Wishing you well,
NOS

Dreaming again said...

am I one of those 4? cause I think i'd switch us ...

I know far too many with these diseases ... it's also a misnomer that we're protected from disease and infection, the whole sytem in haywire and while the little antibodies SHOULD be attacking germs, they attack us ..and leave the germies be ... leaving us at more risk, not less ...

add to that the immune suppressant therapies it makes us even more vunerable, not less ... crazy

Nikki (Sarah) said...

sending you a ton of hugs Wanda....your little cat....I think he knows how much you love him. I found animals really helped me to heal from my pain...somehow their presence gives something that soothes...

Tracy said...

Yeah, Amen to that; that plans do change. I didn't want to go out yesterday either as it was windy and rainy but I ended up going...oh well...sometimes the best laid plans!
Now about that cat...aren't they so persnickety?