Thursday, March 12, 2009

Rest


Finally the mania is finished and I can sleep! Now it's time to pick up the pieces and see what I've done. People that think being manic is great have never lived it. It is not a good thing. I was so irritable by the end I was not fit to be around. This time I ran out of money for my medicine. The Medicare "doughnut hole" would be a good thing to be fixed by the president. Now I'm on my soap box. How do they expect people on a fixed income to pay out $4,000.00 a year on medicine? One of my medicine cost over what I make for the month. It's a joke! I try to get samples, but that is why I end up manic. Right now I have two weeks of medicine, but I do not know if I will be able to get samples again. I do Know that I will Not have the $1,400.00 to buy the medicine next month. I will just have to do the best I can. Right now it feels so good not to have racing thoughts and to be able to sleep at night. I will enjoy it. I'm happy. Maybe I won't get manic without the medicine. We can just live life one day at a time and enjoy the days as they come. Thank you everybody for all your kind words, thoughts, and prayers.

7 comments:

Mike Golch said...

I hear you,I'm just glad that my reitrement has not made it inpossible for me to get the meds that I and Celestine need on a daily basis.
Be as vised when you need to rant,you jsut need to.case in point the big one I did on my site this week.
Hugs,my dear friend! Mike G. said that!(it's an A.A.thing)

Ethereal Highway said...

The mania has ended, but that ending did not require medication to occur? Food for thought.

'Tart said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better, Wanda.:) Big Hugs to you.:)

Unknown said...

What you mentioned is one big reason why people go off medication, or they ration it and don't take the best dose. It's sickening that people are put in this position. If this country really cared about its people, nobody would have to do this. Its one thing to ask people to live without designer handbags. It's quite another to ask them to live without necessary medication or medical attention.

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, anyone who thinks that being manic is great is ignorant and possibly on crack. And may need a good swift kick to their crack if they can't be talked sense to.

jumpinginpuddles said...

we hope you get lots of rest now

Raine said...

Mania does not require medication to be ended. Bi-polars cycle up and down and in between all their own. Medication is meant to stabilize, ideally at a somewhat normal frame of mind and/or to minimize the extremity of the cycles. Also it is used to break a depressive or manic episode that is dangerous or has gone on too long.... I cycle up and down all on my own with or without meds. Its part of being bi-polar.