Saturday, November 24, 2012

Dreams

 
Dream: A series of images, ideas, emotions, and sensations occurring involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep.

I have wondered for a long time what certain dreams mean. I have wondered if I could communicate with those that have gone before me. Why does the mind dream? What is the purpose of dreams? What causes dreams to be distressing or pleasant? I dream a lot. I have both nightmares and pleasant dreams. I feel God can talk to you through dreams. I am curious what others think about dreams. Are they more than random thoughts? Can theses dreams be a link to your past?  During intense therapy I have had many distressing dreams about my past. Can you believe dreams? I have been dreaming a lot recently and am just trying to find some answers for what it all means. I really would like some input from my friends on what they think.

4 comments:

Denise said...

I dream alot, but do not understand them.

middle child said...

I dream each and every night. My dreams are nightmares of the emotional kind, at least 98% of the time. I think dream could be your unconcious mind trying to solve or understand certain problems. Some dreams may just be random things that pop up.
If I sat down and tried to figure out what they meant, I imagine I would see a conection and a pattern.

rcubes said...

I just had a weird dream last.night w/ a friend's sister who had passed on. I used
to want to know the meaning but when I read from the Bible that it doesn't please Him, I just lift it in prayers knowing He wants us to trust Him and not fall prey to our spiritual enemies' deception. So many mysterious things we don't understand but it is His promise that it will be made known someday...God bless you sister...

Chatty Crone said...

I dream a lot too - but I don't really know what they mean. There are books that interpret dreams. sandie