Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Structure


My therapist told me yesterday she thinks I need more structure in my life. I disagree. I have had structure all my life and now I want freedom. I want to be able to do what I want when I want. If I choose to do nothing some days so be it. She thinks I need to attend a Bipolar support group. Right now I am not interested. I have nothing against support groups but right now I just don't want to center my life around my mental illness. I guess I am being somewhat uncooperative but I want an uncomplicated life. It is not like I don't do anything. There is my small group, church, my friends, as well as program that I am trying to get accepted in to. Most of the time I am in so much pain it is hard to do things. This weekend I am going to spend time with a good friend. We are doing a "beauty day". a day watching her great grand kids hunting Easter eggs, the movies, and a lot more. Friday Alice and I went to a church dinner and bingo. I enjoy my blogging and TV shows. Maybe I should do more but most of the time I just don't feel like doing more. In fact the center just called and we have an appointment  next week.. I guess I will keep working at the things I like and go from there.

6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Girl you know I love you - but I agree with your therapist. It will be nice to find out you are not alone - they may have some tricks to teach you - and it will give you something to strive for. Just my humble opinion. sandie♥

Denise said...

Praying for you, wish you love and happiness.

RCUBEs said...

I noticed most of the time, people are quick to give advices...The thing is...they have not even tasted to be in that person's shoes...I'm not saying this in a negative way. All I'm saying sister...you know what's best for you...But I believe it is your relationship with the Lord that matters first...I believe in His gift of discernment that will guide you on taking those steps to see what's best for you. May you always be strong in His power sister...

Anonymous said...

You know yourself best, and the decision is ultimately, up to you. Be sure, however, that your mood is not the one making the decisions; you are the one in charge! It sounds like you have a great support system-- keep using that! And don't forget your support system online!

Be well,
NOS

Just Be Real said...

Wanda, just agreeing to disagree with your therapist is a big step in itself. Proud of you. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

I need some structure in my life, but when it becomes too regimented, it depresses me. I have never been keen on group therapy. I always feel like I'm on display for everyone to look at the freak and feel better that at least they aren't as screwed up as I am.