Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Doctor Visit

Doctor, doctor you are giving me the blues!  My CA level is still low, but it looks like the parathyroid glands are trying to stabilize. She did say that my CA level is much improved over when I was admitted to the hospital. She also stated I was lucky my heart did not stop.  They needed to increase my thyroid medication. I am retaining a lot of fluid and can not take a diuretic due to my lab values. I have been put on a strict diet with a fluid restriction. The reason is to decrease the work load on my heart and decrease the amount of fluid I am retaining. I have to do a daily weigh and blood pressure reading to call in next week. I am also supposed to get another CA level next Tuesday. Being sick is NO FUN!

5 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Did you have a tumor on the parathyroid gland?

Wanda's Wings said...

No tumors on the parathyroid glands, They were just upset by removal of the thyroid gland.

Denise said...

I continue to pray for you, and love you.

The Real Cie said...

I think I am never allowed to whinge about my thyroid issues again. My thyroid gland is simply "wonky." I consider myself fortunate that I never had to have it removed.
I do hope they are able to resolve this issue for you.

Just Be Real said...

Hugs to you dear one during this time.