Thursday, December 13, 2007

Ice Storm


Tulsa had the worst ice storm ever. There were thousand of power outages. We were without power for 5 days and came back up today. It was freezing cold in the house. It was amazing to see everyone working together. There are still thousand of people with out power. the damage to the town has been terrible. I feel very blessed that no trees fell on the house. My dear friend is still without power. I am going to see if she and her family want to come here.

10 comments:

Dr. Deb said...

Sorry to hear about the weather by you. We are having a sleet storm right now.

Anonymous said...

we went through this last year so we know how miserable it is, hope all of Tulsa gets back on line soon, and the rest of the state also.

peace and blessings

keepers

Dreaming again said...

I'm here ... I'm here ... we lost power briefly again around 6 ... I almost climbed through the phone to strangle AEP ... however, right as 'Dorothy' answered, the power came back on.

Linda said...

Wow!! I will keep you, and your friends and family in prayer. Glad you're ok. :)

Jade said...

Wow so glad to hear that you have power Wanda. Thats some wild stuff going on over there. Stay safe and take care!

jumpinginpuddles said...

our heat and your snow intertesting isnt it

Tracy said...

I hope you are doing better now.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

Sorry it's been so long since i have been by.. crazy things in life lately.. sorry to hear about the ice storm that sucks.. hope things get better soon!!

Marj aka Thriver said...

I hope you update us on this. I'm glad you're alright. I hope 2008 is a little kinder and gentler to you folks.

Marj aka Thriver said...

Where are you? Are you okay? Thinking of you.